Zion Williamson is back, and the earlier top pick shows no rust at the Brooklyn Nets. The ambitious Nets have to take a sensitive defeat against the New Orleans Pelicans. Orlando also loses, but the ideas of top pick Paolo Ranchers and Franz Wagner made you want more.
- Detroit Pistons (1-0)-Orlando Magic (0-1) 113: 109 (box core)
- Indiana Pacers (0-1)-Washington Wizards (1-0) 107: 114 (box core)
- Atlanta Hawks (1-0)-Houston Rockets (0-1) 117: 107 (box core)
Detroit Pistons (1-0)-Orlando Magic (0-1) 113: 109 (box core)
- This matchup of two young aspiring team kept what it promised. Orlando dominated the first quarter, among other things with a 19-0 run, but then the hosts played in a small frenzy (after 0/10, 14/28 from downtown), in order to make it exciting again in the end. Paolo Ranchers shortened a good half minute before the end, before Made Cunningham Isaiah Stewart (14) found in the corner. The Big Man used the space and sank the Dagger for the hosts.
- The comeback was led, the Magic led with up to 15 points, by Bajan Bogdanović, which with 24 points (6/10 threesome) showed why his shoot will be so important for this team. Cunningham needed something to get into the game and to decrypt the zone defense of the guests, in the end the top pick from 2021 was in very solid 18 points (6/16) and 10 assists. No.5-pick Jaden Ivey (19, 8/15) was also convincing, No.13-pick Galen Duran (14, 11 boards, 3 blocks) packed Chum Obese on a nice poster.
- Orlando had to do without Cole Anthony (sick) at short notice, so that Franz Wagner was allowed to do many point guard tasks. The Berliner did five gymnastics, but otherwise made it very decent. In 34 minutes, Wagner recorded 20 points (8/18 FG), 4 rebounds and 5 assists and also met this Fade away jumper, which Dirk Nowitzki will certainly be proud.
- The big story on the side of the Magic was the debut of top pick Paolo Ranchers and the ex-dukie only delivered not because of this poster dark over Cory Joseph. With 27 points (11/18 FG), 9 rebounds and 5 assists, he is the second teenager after LeBron James, who put on a 20-5-5 stat line in his debut. Anthony’s replacement Galen Songs (21, 8/11) liked it as a scorer, while Moritz Wagner failed with a footage.
Indiana Pacers (0-1)-Washington Wizards (1-0) 107: 114 (box core)
- Grateful start for the wizards into the new season. Indiana began his tanking mission, according to the custody, Myles Turner injured himself when he warms up on the ankle when he climbed a ball boy. Daniel This was also missing with knee problems. Nevertheless, the Pacers beat each other somewhat bravely and made it exciting again in the end, although they were almost the entire game in two digits.
- This was mainly due to Tyree Haliburton (26, 10/18, 7 assists), who immediately showed why he is one of the hottest candidates on the MIP’s award. The Guard appeared primarily as a scorer, including with this crashing dunk based on seeing in-and-out dribble.
- To win the game, it wasn’t enough. Washington had the best player on the field in Bradley Deal (23, 9/17 FG, 6 Assists), and role players such as Kyle Burma (22, 12 rebounds) or Will Barton (17) met her distance. Krista paps Mornings (15, 5/14, 10 rebounds) also moved properly after his ankle injury in the Preseason, but the throw from outside remains problematic (1/5).
- Another bright spot for Indiana was No.7-Pick Ben Maturing, who contributed 19 points (7/15) and 7 rebounds from the bank. Buddy Held (16, 4/11 threesome, 10 rebounds) came to a double.
Articles and videos on the topic
* Curry brother-in-law with the game winner! Mass gambled away huge lead
* Experience the NBA live on DAZN. Register now! Can be canceled at any time.
Atlanta Hawks (1-0)-Houston Rockets (0-1) 117: 107 (box core)
- It wasn’t really convincing what the Hawks showed, but it was enough against a young team from Houston. Trade Young (23, 1/9 threesome, 13 assists) was still looking for his rhythm, but the Guard received sufficient support or recycled his teammates the numerous open throws.
- Atlanta mercilessly punished the weak transition defense of the guests and generated 28 fast break points. Here, among others, John Collins (24, 9/12, 8 rebounds) and DE’Andre Hunter (22, 10/15) were characterized. Denounce Murray, like Young, recorded a double with 20 points, 11 assists and 5 steals.
- For Houston, Kevin Porter Jr. (21, 9/19 FG) was the best point collector, while Galen Green (16, 1/7 threes) had problems with his throw. With its block against Young and the following Tomahawk dark on the other hand, the No.2-pick of the previous year ensured the highlight of the game.
- No.3-Pick Atari Smith showed with 17 points (6/17 FG, 3/11 threesome) and 7 rebounds light and shadow, No.17-Pick Taxi Season (8, 7 rebounds) brought energy from the bank.