Riot wants “League of Legends behavioral systems” import more “

Riot Games has ensured that it will make “behavioral systems import more” in League of Legends and that is “changing their approach” when it comes to addressing the poor behavior of players, which “directly impacts the experience”.

“I know that many disappoints how little we have progressed in terms of behavioral systems over the past few years,” explained the new chief of the team in charge of behavioral systems, Hana Dinh. “You constantly tell us how important this issue is, and you are absolutely right.”

According to Dinh, “During the last couple of years, we have focused mainly on” secondary “updates for our detection and penalty systems to improve your experience, and we know that they are not too effective. The data show us that only 5% of the players behave inadequately constantly. Without a doubt, it is players that we should penalize, and we will never stop improving our systems to continue doing it. However, the other 95% of the usual players is composed By people who are poured from time to time, and 86% of the reports deal with them. In other words, almost all reports focus on players who normally behave well. “

Bugs RIOT GAMES Struggled To Fix In League of Legends
Another problem area has been that of champion selection reports. Riot recognizes that “although we have monitored these reports, we have not added penalties for them, as we had promised. Currently, this type of reports only suppose 3.2% of the total, but we are aware that your experience in all phases of the game is important. ” The intention is that this is over polishing soon, and it will not take long to implement in an update.

Regarding the problems of verbal abuse, Dinh added that on his team are planning “several exciting projects, such as updating our verbal abuse detection models to more advanced versions, we hope that improvements in this area multiply up to ten times. Although the Verbal abuses are not directly reflected in statistics such as A / M / A, it is a widespread problem that is usually accompanied by other types of inadequate behaviors. “

Despite all the planned improvements, responsible for the team of behavior systems has also made it clear that the player also has a responsibility and must be aware of how he behaves within the game. “When you frustrate, only you can avoid involved inadequately. 95% of us can support these systems by converting us into the type of player with which we would like to play, even in the qualifiers, I know it is not always easy, but neither Even the world’s most perfect system can prevent inadequate behavior from occurring. The important thing is not to create systems that modify human behavior, but the humans they play, that is, you “”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *